Saturday, January 28, 2012

January is almost over

It’s so hard to believe that we are at the end of January.  The good news is that the weather hasn’t been too bad except for rain and a few days of colder weather.  I hope the weather stays decent for the next two weeks.

I finished the Nubby Noro Mittens and I am very happy with the results.  I didn’t use Noro.  Instead,  I used Madelinetosh Vintage in tart and I love this yarn.  I am using a size 5 needle.

Here is the front of the Mittens:

Nubby Noro Mittens - Front

Here is the back of the Mittens with the thumb:

Nubby Noro Mittens - Thumbs

I loved the vintage so much that I bought two more colors for projects that I have in mind.  I got Betty Draper Blues for a shrug and Tern for a scarf.  I have other projects in mind, so I will be buying more of this yarn.  Thank goodness my LYS is getting more of this yarn.

Madelinetosh Vintage - Loopy Ewe - January 12

Since, I finished several projects in the past two weeks, I cast on the Hitchhiker using Wollmeise in Am Kalten Polar.  I am using a size 3.0 mm needle, which is normally a size 2.5, but I didn’t have that size.  I did have an Addi Turbo Lace in that size and it’s a size 2.0 for that brand.  I am enjoying this knit.  It’s just an 8 row repeat, but it will get longer as I go along.

Hitchhiker - Wollmeise - Am Kalten Polar

I also started another sock.  I am using a pattern from the December CookieA shipment.  It’s called Rambutan.  I am using a size 1.5 needle with the Bugga yarn I got from CookieA in the color way called Heuschrecke.  The pattern of the sock in only on the leg.  I love Bugga and this is probably one of the last skeins of yarn that the Sanguine Gryphon made (so sad that they split, but I have much Bugga and Skinny Bugga to keep me busy).  Can’t wait to see what we get in February.

CookieA Sock Club Pattern - Dec 2011

My local yarn shop is having a class on Fair Isle Knitting in February and I signed up since I am making the Min Ulla scarf and want to learn the right way of using 2 handed stranding.  There is homework, so I had to buy two different colors of a worsted yarn.  I got Encore Worsted in a gray color and Encore Colorspun Worsted in a multi pink color.  I am looking forward to this class.

Encore for Fairisle class

Well, this will be a busy week since I have to work 4 days.  I’m not use to that.  I am going to relax the rest of today and tomorrow.  So that includes knitting and reading.

No comments: