Friday, January 13, 2012

New Yarn Makes me Happy and Warm

Well, I’m trying not to buy any new yarn, but the Loopy Ewe got in a new yarn from Skein and I had to bite.  It’s a Merino Cashmere Fingering yarn.  I got it in two colors Fig and Organic.  I plan to use the Organic to make the Thin Ice Shawl by Laura Linneman.  But, I need to finish my Shaelyn Shawl first.  Not sure about the Fig colorway…. could be a sock?

Loopy Ewe - Skein

I’m really loving the Noro Nubby Mitten pattern using Madelinetosh in tart.  I’m getting close to the decreases on the first mitten.  I am using size 5 needles and decided to use circular needles instead of double points.  It’s just easier.  Problem was that I only had two 16 inch cable circular needles in a size 5.  I used them until I got to my LYS and bought another size 5 in a 24 inch cable (I already had one size 5 in that cable size).  I like the 24 inch cable much better.

Nubby Noro Mitten 1

Today was the first day it really felt like winter here.  The temperature really dropped and it was very windy.  We even had snow flurries.  Guess winter has finally arrived.

No comments: