Saturday, February 11, 2012

February is Flying By

Well, I haven’t done much knitting in the last two weeks.  I have been busy working.  But, I should now be back to normal and will have more time for what I want to do.

I did finish the Shaelyn Shawl, but I need to block it.  Once blocked, I will take pictures and post them.

Also, I completed the February dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is called Linen Stitch Cloth by Janet Nogle.  I used a size 7 needle with Sugar and Cream in hot purple.  It was a fun knit, but I wish I had used a striping cotton yarn.

February 2012 KAL

I have been spending time on Ravelry and found a pattern for a turtle called Sheldon and and blanket to go with it.  So, I had to buy yarn to make it.  I got Knitpicks Shine.  The Turtle is called Sheldon and the blanket is the Sheldon Blanket.  I also bought some Knitpicks Dishie since I ordered yarn from them.  I’m going to try to cast on tonight or tomorrow.

Knitpicks Yarn

From the top, It’s Dishie in Aster and Swan, on the bottom is Shine in green apple, peapod, french blue, and cream.

I also couldn’t resist getting more sock yarn in a striping color.  This is from Lollipop yarns and I found it on Etsy.  It comes from  Tennessee.  I love the colors.  The yarn color is called Giggles.

Lollipop Yarns - Giggles

This week, I have a Fair Isle class at the Knitter’s Edge.  I’m looking forward to learning more about Fair Isle.

No comments: