Saturday, January 07, 2012

First Finished Project for 2012

Well, don’t get too excited.  I only finished a dishcloth.  The pattern is called Side by Side and it’s by Janet Nogle from my Monthly Dishcloth KAL group on Yahoo.  I used Sugar and Cream in cornflower blue with a size 7 needle.

January 2012 KAL

I did finish one Christmas sock except for the heel.  I am doing an afterthought heel for this sock and will do that once I finish the second sock.  I am using String Theory Colorworks yarn in Kinetic Energy with a size 1 needle.

Sock 1 - String Theory Colorworks - Kinetic Energy

I am moving along with my Shaelyn Shawl.  I am on the third repeat.  I am using Madelinetosh Pashmina in the grasshopper colorway with a size 8 needle.  This is an easy knit and I am loving the pattern.

Shaelyn - Third Repeat

I cast on for the Nubby Noro Mittens, but I am using my left over skein of Madelinetosh Vintage in tart with size 5 needles.  As you can see I haven’t gotten too far with this project.

Nubby Noro Mittens

I did get some new yarn:  Madelinetosh Vintage for a Saroyan Shawl.  The color way is Cosmos.

Madelinetosh - Vintage - Cosmos

I also got some yarn from Desert Vista Colorworks.  I got a gradient colorway in Grape Jelly to make the Savina Shawl and a fingering weight yarn in a striping yarn.  The color is called You’re a Mean One.  She really has some nice colorways in her shop.

Desert Vista Dyeworks

No comments: