Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Snow for 2012

We have been lucky so far, but today we had snow.  It looks as if it was at least 6 inches.  I’m kind of glad that it was on the weekend.  At least I didn’t have to worry about driving in it.  There is something about when it snows outside.  It makes you want to snuggle up in the house and hibernate.  It was a good day for knitting.

I completed the Mid Month Dishcloth KAL for January.  The pattern is called Moss and Leaf Cloth by Andi Worthy.  I used a size 6 needle with Peaches and Crème in Verde Green.

January 2012 Mid Month KAL

I also finished the Christmas Socks I was working on.  I used a basic sock pattern with a size 1 needle and I used String Theory Colorworks yarn in Kinetic Energy with an afterthought heel.  So I’m all set for next Christmas.

Xmas Socks Complete

I think the next sock I knit will be one from the December shipment of the Cookie A sock club.  The yarn is Bugga in the Heuschrecke colorway.  This is one of the last skeins of yarn from the Sanguine Gryphon since they have split up.  Tomorrow, I will wind the yarn.

I am close to finishing the Nubby Noro Mittens.  I am using Madelinetosh Vintage yarn in the tart color way with size 5 needles.  I finished one mitten except for the thumb and the second mitten is almost finished too.  I used the kitchener stitch for the top of the mitten and changed the instructions for the thumb on the left mitten to make it easier.  I can’t wait to use these mittens. 

Nubby Noro Mittens - Two

I’m still working on the Shaelyn shawl.  I have finished the fourth repeat.  I believe that I will do an extra 2 repeats before doing the edging.

I did get some new yarn.  This was yarn I ordered before the end of last year.  It’s from Fibernymph Dye Works.  She does wonderful striping yarn.  I got Peanut Butter and Jelly, Popeye’s Revenge, and Fruit Loops in her Bounce base (80% superwash merino, 20% nylon).

Fibernymph Dye Works

I really love the Fruit Loop color!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your new yarn especially the Fruit Loops. Great color! Can't wait for you to knit those! Also love your mittens. If I make another pair this winter, I just might try that pattern! it's different from the usual.
Sandee