Thursday, October 04, 2007

Luna Park - How I love this sock yarn!

I have been knitting away on my Luna Park socks. On this sock, I have been perfecting my sock knitting even more. It's interesting how I am getting more and more confident on knitting socks and learning more as I go along.

Green Socks - Luna
I am enjoying this so much that I am already picking out what sock yarn I will use next. I haven't come to a decision yet, but I'm close. I really want to finish this pair up by the end of this week. I don't need a fancy pattern. The basic Patternworks sock is enough for me right now.
I have been working on comfortghan squares. I should have no problem getting a dozen completed by the end of the year.
Simple Garter Lace Square:
Simple Garter Stitch Lace Square
Elegant Lace Square:
Elegant Lace Square
Double Broken Rib Square:
Double Broken Rib Square
I know that I will need to block these before sending.
I haven't been buying too much new yarn lately. I may be going to Stitches East, so I am waiting to find out if I will definately be going.
I did get some Wollmeise yarn from the Loopy Ewe. I was able to snag three skeins of yarn. I had some yarn in my basket and was checking out other yarn, when next thing I knew the yarn was gone. I quickly added these three skeins to my basket and checked out. I want to become a Loopy Groupy! I just love this online store.
Loopy Ewe - Wollmeise
The colors are from left to right: Spice Market, Suzanne, and Pfefferminz Prinz. I can't wait to try this yarn. Maybe one of these will be my next sock?
I was also able to buy some limited edition yarn from Sundara Yarns. They are both 100% superwash merino yarn.... Yummy!
Swirled Prussian
Sundara - Swirled Prussian
Crushed Cherries
Sundara - Crushed Cherries
I really love Ravelry. It's so cool to be able to see different yarns and what people have knit with the yarns. I was even able to buy some yarn that I saw in someone's stash. We worked it out and it should be on it's way by the end of the week. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are gorgeous yarns, and that sock is great fun. The blue skein looks like my favorite Polar Sea seasilk, the way it shimmers in the photo there.

Mary said...

I love the colors of you socks too!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Your squares will make a nice blanket1 Stop tempting me with the Lunas Park, will ya? :)