Sunday, October 21, 2007

Socks in Progress

I am still knitting socks. I really love them and I can't believe how easy it is and how rewarding it is to knit them. I have finished one sock and I'm working on the second sock of the pair of the Fire on the Mountain colorway from STR. I love the feel of this yarn so much.

STR - Fire on the Mountain Socks 2
I have knitted past the heel on the first Wollmeise sock in Suzanne. The side of the heel is better on this sock, but I read about another trick to get rid of the holes on the side. I will have to try it on my next pair of socks.
Wollmeise - Suzanne socks - 2
This is definately my most favorite yarn. Thank heavens that Wollmeise now allows you to order direct. Even though the yarn is coming from Germany, the price is about the same as ordering from the Loopy Ewe. I ordered 4 skeins from them. There are more colors that I want. I will watch the Loopy Ewe for sneak ups, but may still order direct. I want to wait for my first shipment from them before ordering again (If I can stand waiting).
I was able to get Trekking XXL yarn from Little Knits. I received my shipment last week and will post pictures later this week. I also ordered Opal sock yarn from them. My next pair of socks that I will be knitting is definately going to be the Trekking.
However, I have to get sidetracked a bit from socks. My local yarn shop (Kraemers) is having a class this Saturday on stuffed mittens. Apparently, they are also called thrummed mittens. The Yarn Harlot posted on her blog about these mittens back in 2004. So, I am taking the class. We even have homework in order to prepare for class. Can't wait to see how this turns out. If it goes well, these may be great for Christmas presents.
Can't finish off without showing an updated picture of Maggie May. She gets groomed on Tuesday, so she will look different then. It's hard to believe that she will be 10 months old on Monday. Happy birthday Maggie May!
Maggie Oct 14 07

No comments: