Sunday, October 14, 2007

I am a Sock Machine

Honestly, one sock on the needles isn't enough anymore. I have to be working on more than one sock because I have all of this neat sock yarn to try out.

I have finished the Luna Park socks and I'm very pleased how they turned out. I do have another colorway and will try that out at a later date.

Luna Park Socks Oct 07
As I was finishing up this sock, I cast on for another pair using Socks that Rock in the Fire on the Mountain colorway. I had been using this yarn with another sock pattern and didn't like how the sock was coming out. That was in my early sock experience days when I was a greenie to sock knitting. I rewound the yarn and decided I needed to try it again. I really like how the striping is coming out. I like this yarn a lot. It seems heavier than the Online and Luna Park yarns, but it's still a Fingering weight yarn. I am ready to pick up stitches for the heel.
STR - Fire on the Mountain
I have been having problems with the heel. The stitches on the one size of the heel seem to be larger than the other side and as a result, I have a gap in the yarn. I have gotten some advice from knitters in the Yahoo forums I belong to and they have referred to two books I already have. One is Nancy Bush's Folk Socks and the other is Queen Kahuna's Crazy Toes and Heels. They are great books to have and have a wealth of information in them on knitting socks. I highly recommend both books.
Once I finished the Luna Park socks, I cast on another sock using Wollmeise in Suzanne. This yarn is like butter! I love it so much. I have two other skeins of Wollmeise that I got from the Loopy Ewe and now I must have more. It's hard to get since whenever the Loopy Ewe has a sneakup, it goes quickly.
Wollmeise - Suzanne
I didn't go to Stitches. ;-( The Baltimore marathon was going on at the same time and I was afraid that I would have trouble finding a parking space. So, we didn't go. Next year we will plan better and maybe go down overnight or go on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what is that bottom yarn? That's gorgeous! And all of your socks look great - you're a braver woman than I!