Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Read and Watch the World Grow

I have been doing quite a bit of reading. It's funny, I have been keeping track of the books I have read since 1985. It's interesting to go back and see how many books I have read in a year. Some years it's quite a lot (at one time I worked in a library as a bookkeeper) and other years it's very few or none at all. The most books I ever read in a year was 57 in 1988. Because I haven't been working I have been reading like crazy. I have currently read 45 books this year and I am determined to at least meet or beat the amount of books read in 1988. Since, I only have to read 12 more books, I think I can meet that goal. I would have to read at least one book a week until the end of the year. Let's see how well I do.

I have currently read the following books: I'm a Debbie Macomber fan and I have read A Little Bit Country, Country Bride, 74 Seaside Ave, Caroline's Child, Dr. Texas, and Back on Blossom Street. I love them all. I have continued with Stephen White's series about Alan Gregory and have read The Program, The Best Revenge, Blinded, Missing Persons, and Kill Me. There is only one more book in this series and I will be sad that I have read them all. I am sure he is writing more, but I will just have to wait until he finishes writing them. I also enjoy Mary Higgins Clark and just finished No Place Like Home and I couldn't resist reading Wonderful Tonight by Patti Boyd. She was married to George Harrison and Eric Clapton. They both wrote wonderful songs about her. I see that Eric Clapton has an autobiography coming out. I will have to get that book to read.

What would I do without books and knitting?

No comments: