Monday, October 01, 2012

It’s October and I have a lot to knit

I finished the one sock of my Goth Socks in the color Fire Bad and Tree Pretty and started on the second one.  I had a hard time with the first sock.  I was at the toe when I realized I was short a stitch.  I had to rip back close to the heel and had to reknit it.  Fortunately, it went fast and I finished it yesterday. I started on the second sock.  I love how this knits up.

Goth Sock - Start of 2nd Sock

I have been watching the Single Handed Knits video cast and she is having a Sock the Vote KAL.  I was able to order a kit with yarn and got in the undecided party.  I cast on today for the first sock.  The yarn is Yarn vs Zombies in the Damsel base.  The color is Spiffy Iffy.  I am using a size one needle with the Dancing Bamboo Sock pattern.

STV - Undecided Yarn and Bag

I was able to cast on today and knit the first three rows.

STV - sock 1 - first 3 rows

I also got some yarn this past week.  I love Hazel Knits Artisan Sock yarn and couldn’t resist buying the Iris color way.

Hazel Knits Artisan Sock - Iris

I have been good since the Sanguine Gryphon split up and haven’t bought any of their yarn.  I have so much of it.  But, I had to buy Grey Hairstreak in the Bugga base from the Verdant Gryphon.

Verdant Gryphon - Grey Hairstreak - Bugga

Signature needles came out with the size 1 circular needles.  So I bought a pair.  After I finish the Goth Socks, I will cast on another sock using these needles.  I can’t wait.

Signature Needles - size 1 circular

Then, I decided to pick up another knitting bag.  This one is from Piddleloop.  It is the large wedge bag in the cupcake pattern.

Piddleloop cupcake bag

Well, I better get knitting.  I need to finish off Ruby, my Fair Isle hat, Color Affection shawl and start on a knitted dinosaur for my nephew’s birthday in early November, plus another sock to try out my Signature needles.

No comments: