Saturday, October 20, 2012

October is going way too fast

Less than two weeks and it’s over.  Then it’s November and Christmas is on the horizon and after that it’s tax season again.  Time is flying way too fast.

I am trying to finish up projects before the end of the year.  But, there are a few projects I haven’t started yet that I have to get completed.  Like a dinosaur for my great nephew and a sock for a friend for Christmas.

I finally finished Ruby the Lovable Huggable Monster.  I used Lornas Laces worsted yarn in Zombie BBQ with a size 5 needle.  I think she got pretty nice.  This is the second monster (toy) that I have finished and I am learning new things with each one.  I did the mattress stitch to close up the body.  Initially, I used a whip stitch to sew on the arms and legs and didn’t like how it looked, so I learned another way to sew them on and I like it better.  The internet is a wonderful thing.

Ruby Completed

I started on the second Cupcake sock.  I really love this yarn and the colors.  I am using a size 1 needle with Desert Vista Dyeworks Happy Birthday cupcake. I hope to finish this off this coming week.

Cupcake Sock - Sock 2 - part

Then, I got to the second sock for the Sock the Vote KAL.  We only do so much each week.  I finished the end of week 3.  The yarn is Yarn vs. Zombies Spiffy Iffy and I am using a size 0 needle.

Here is the First Sock:

STV - Sock 1 - Week 3

Here is Sock Two:

STV - Sock 2 - Week 3

I got more yarn and I am so excited.  I got Wee Elves from Lollipop Yarns.  This will be great for Christmas.  There are 500 yards here.  That is why there are two yarn balls.  I could knit knee socks with this yarn, but will probably only knit a regular sock.  I’m sure that I can find something to do with the rest of the yarn.

Lolllipop Yarn - Wee Elves

I also got some yarn from Canon Hand Dyes.  You can find this yarn on Etsy under the Amy Lee Show.  The colors are Alas Pour Yorick (black and grey) in the William Base, Ann Elliot in the Charles base and Double Double Toil and Trouble in the Lewis base.

Canon Hand Dyed

Self Striping Sock yarn is great!

No comments: