Saturday, October 27, 2012

FrankenStorm is Coming?

Perfect way to end October, the storm of the century.  Let’s see what happens or if it fizzles out.  I just hope we don’t lose power.

With that in mind, I am working on Terrence the Tap Dancing T-Rex.  This is a birthday present for my great nephew.  I need to complete it by his birthday party on November 3rd.  I gave myself daily goals and I am way ahead of them.  I only have to knit the tail and then sew on arms, legs, front panel and his mouth. I am using Dancing Dog Dyeworks in Tropical Blue (I was so afraid that I would run out of yarn, but I’m okay) and Owlies for the front panel and his tail.  I am using a size 5 needle.  I love the yarn.  It is great to work with.

Terrence the Dinosaur - 1

I finished week 4 of my Sock the vote sock.  I am using Yarn vs. Zombies Damsel yarn in Spiffy Iffy with a size 0 needle.

STV - Sock 2 - Week 4

I finished the Cupcake socks.  I used Desert Vista Dyeworks in Happy Birthday cupcake with a size 1 needle.  Love this yarn and love the striping!

Cupcake Sock - Complete

I also finished the October 2012 Mid Month Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is Little Pumpkin by Janet Nogle.  I used a size 7 needle with Peaches and Crème in the shrimp color.

October 2012 Mid Month KAL

My goals in November are to finish my Color Affection shawl and the fair isle hat, plus start knitting a sock for a Christmas gift.

Well, guess I need to go do some things to get ready for this storm. Wish us luck!

No comments: