Monday, September 24, 2012

It’s cooler outside and I love it

I think when fall comes, I knit more.  Maybe it’s just a feeling though.  I do love fall and spring better than summer and winter. But, September went too fast and I am afraid that the rest of 2012 will go too fast as well and then we will be in the middle of winter.

I did finish the No Purl Monkey socks using Fibernymph Dyeworks Bounce yarn in the color snips and snails with a size 1.5 needle.  I love her yarn, but it so hard to get.

No Purl Monkey Sock - Fibernymph - Snips and Snails

After finishing this sock, I had to start another with the Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs strychinine yarn in the color Fire Bad, Tree Pretty with a size 1 needle.  I love how this is striping.  The color’s are great for Halloween.

Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs - Fire Bad Tree Pretty sock 1

I’m becoming addicted to self striping yarn.  In many ways it is better than varigated yarn.  There are so many dyers doing this right now:  Lollipop yarn, Fibernymph dyeworks, Canon Hand Dyed, Desert Vista Dyeworks, Twisted Limone, Knitterly Things, Dancing Dog Dyeworks, Knitpicks, Marigoldjen, String Theory Colorworks, Twisted Fiber Arts, and I’m sure there are many, many others.

Also completed is the 2012 Midmonth Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is called Diamond Drop Lace Cloth by Ali Barrett  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in gold with a size 7 needle.

September 2012 Midmonth KAL

And, I finally, finally completed the Copykat shawl by Rose Beck.  I used Swans Island merino yarn in the Marine colorway with a size 5 needle.  I used the diagonal rib pattern.  It’s finally blocked! The ruffles were a killer, but I kept at it.

Copykat Shawl - complete

I’m still knitting on the Color Affection Shawl, but it took a back seat to the Copykat shawl since I wanted to finish it.  Now, I am working on it again.  I need to finish up some projects.  The end of the year is coming quickly.

No comments: