Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

Well, you can tell that July is on the horizon.  It’s hot outside and I’m inside with the air conditioning.  It feels good in here.

I did get more knitting done this week.  I finished the Color Affection Shawl.  I used Plucky Knitter Primo yarn in Speakeasy, Elmer T, and Minature Lilac with a size 6 needle.  I need to block it.  I should have done a YO at the beginning of the row, but I didn’t see the notes on Ravelry until I had already started knitting this.  I hope it blocks okay.  It’s a puckered on the one side. We shall see.  I will make another one of these.  I enjoyed the knit.

Color Affection Shawl Unblocked

I also started on other projects.  I started knitting a sock at the beginning of June, but haven’t made much progress on it.  The pattern is Karen’s socks by Monica Jines.  One of my knitting friends made this sock and I liked the combination of the cables and lace.  I am using Socktopus Sokkusu yarn in lime and basil with a size 1 needle.

Karen's sock

I am knitting another monster.  The pattern is Ruby the Lovable Huggable Monster by Jenna Krupar.  I am using Lorna’s Laces Zombie BBQ yarn in worsted weight with a size 5 needle.

Ruby Monster

I love two color knitting and already had taken a class, but wanted a refresher.  So, I am knitting the Faux Fair Isle hat using Madelintosh Vintage in scarlett and tern.  I am using size 7 and 8 needles.  Practice makes perfect.

Faux Fair Isle Hat

I was watching the Knitgirllls videocast and Leslie was knitting a sock out of Lollipop yarns in the It’s 5 O’clock somewhere colorway, and I had to buy it.  I also couldn’t resist getting the USA colorway as well.  These will make cool socks.

Lollipop Yarn - June 2012

Off to knit or maybe read or just relaxing on this hot, hot day.

No comments: