Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cookiea

I love cookiea designs and her socks fit me well.  I am so glad that I joined her first sock club.  The patterns are great and the yarns are super.  The first patterned sock I made was the monkey sock pattern designed by her.

I finished the Boysenberry Yo socks.  I used a size 1 needle with Solemate in Boyesenberry Jam color way.  Solemate is a great yarn and I will definitely buy more of it.  Can’t wait to wear them.

Boysenberry Yo Sock complete

I started the next sock by Cookiea called Jubilee socks.  I am using size 1 needles with Hazel Knits artisan sock yarn in the color Oh my darling.  I am not a fan of orange, but I love this color.  It’s more like a creamsicle color.

Jubilee sock beginning

Next shipment from the sock club is due in early August and I can’t wait.  I’m predicting Socktopia yarn.  Let’s see what happens.

I am still working on the Sugared Violets shawl.  This is an easy knit.  I am using size 6 needles with Sanguine Gryphon’s Travelor in Gaudi House.  I love the colors.

Sugared Violets Shawl

I am using the Signature circular’s and I really love them.  The cable is 32 inches and I find that with the longer cable, it’s easier to use the longer size needle.  So, I got 6 inch needles instead of 5 inch. Signature is suppose to be coming out with smaller size needles (size 1 and 2) and I can’t wait to get them for sock knitting.  I am hoping that they will make two different size 1’s and 2’s to distinguish what needle you are working on when using circulars to knit socks.

No comments: