Saturday, July 02, 2011

Enjoying my knitting projects

Yes, I am enjoying my knitting projects.  I haven’t finished anything this week, but I am making progress on several projects.

I got past the heel on the Boysenberry Yo socks (a Cookiea pattern) with size 1 needles and Lornas Laces Solemate in the Boysenberry Jam color.

Boysenberry Yo sock 1 - foot

I’m happy with the Olivia Sweater I am knitting.  The pattern is by Berroco.  I started this sweater back in 2004, but it was too big.  So, I frogged it and started over.  I am past the ribbing on the back.  I am using size 10 needles for the body of the sweater with Araucania Nature Wool Chunky in an orange colorway.  Hopefully, I will finish this by September.

Olivia Sweater - Back 1

Then, I am also working on the Daybreak pattern by Stephen West.  I am using size 4 needles with Turtlepurl yarn Soft Shell Turtletoes in Kipping at camp and Haeyyy!  I am currently working on the stripes and I’m loving this pattern as well as the yarn.

Daybreak - Stripes

I got more Socktopus Sokkusu yarn from the Loopy Ewe in lime and basi and pinkly.

Socktopus - Sokkusu - green and pink

From the Knitter’s Edge (my lys), I got a cotton yarn on sale called Cotonade by Knit One Crochet Too.  I got one skein in a lime green and 5 skeins in a purple colorway.  I plan on knitting a market bag with the purple yarn.

Cotonade Yarn

Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July!  I also hope you are enjoying your summer.

No comments: