Monday, July 18, 2011

The dog days of summer have arrived

It’s going to be hot this week.  Guess, I will spend my time knitting inside.  This past week was a fixit week.  We had Sears in to fix our icemaker for the refrigerator and a plumber in to fix our powder room toilet and we had to get a new water heater. I finally have hot water…..thank God!

I finished the Daybreak shawl by Stephen West.  I really enjoyed this knit and really loved the yarn.  It is so soft.  I used size 4 needles with Turtlepurl Softshell Turtle toes in the coloways Kiping at Camp and Haeyyy!

Daybreak - Complete

In fact, I liked the pattern so much that I bought Skinny Bugga in Common Emerald Moth and Bess Beetle to do another one.

Skinny Bugga - July 2011

However, I won’t be starting this right away.  I already started another shawl called Sugared Violets by Rose Beck and I plan on participating in the Stephen West Mystery KAL that starts on August 1st.

I also completed the July 2011 Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern was Heart and Moss by Janet Nogle.  I used Peaches and Crème cotton in red with a size 7 needle.

July KAL 2011 - Heart and Moss

I am finished with one Boysenberry Yo sock by Cookie A.  I am using size 1 needles in Solemate by Lorna’s Laces in the boysenberry jam color way.  I highly recommend the yarn and I love the color and pattern.  Can’t wait to get more.  My local yarn shop is getting this yarn.

Boysenberry Yo Sock 1 finished

Well, I better get my cleaning in before it gets too hot.  Stay cool where ever you are.

No comments: