Saturday, April 02, 2011

Spring may just be here

Today was the first day that I felt we were starting to get into Spring.  It wasn’t real warm (about 50 degrees), but it was nice and sunny out and there was no snow on the ground.  We were suppose to get a bad Northeaster Thursday night into Friday, but I guess the weatherman got April Fooled because the storm moved out along the coast and we were spared.  I was NOT upset.  I am hoping that we are now finished with snow.  It’s time to move on to the next season.

I finished the Sunny Baby Blanket by Lucie Winkler.  I used Plymouth Encore in color 9626 (a blue tweed that reminds me of denim) with size 8 needles.  I enjoyed this pattern and would knit it again.  The only problem was that it called for 4 skeins of yarn and I could have used 5.  I only did 12 repeats of the pattern rather than the 13 it called for.  I just have to wash it and it’s finished.

Sunny Baby Blanket 3

I am still working on my Wollmeise Red Hot chili socks.  I am enjoying the yarn.  It’s just a basic sock pattern with size 0 needles.  I probably could have finished the one sock, but I wanted to get the baby blanket finished.

Red Hot Chili - Wollmeise 2

Of course I had to buy more yarn.  I got the Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Emerald Swallowtail.  I am so partial to green.

Bugga - Emerald Swallowtail

Knit One Crochet Too in Crock-O-Dye color 559 (seagrass – another green).  This has silk in it.  It’s a very soft yarn.

Knit One Crochet Too - Crock-O-Dye - Seagrass

Last, but not least, I got Lornas Laces Shepherd Worsted in Zombie BBQ to make monsters.

Lorna's Laces - Worsted - Zombie BBQ

No comments: