Friday, April 08, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

I finished the Inside Outside Scarf by Elise Duvekot.  I started this scarf in November of 2008 and I’m glad that I finally finished it.  It’s a tricky technique as you knit a stitch below the stitch on the needle and you really need to be careful when knitting it.  If you make a mistake you have to pay attention to getting the stitches correct.  I had to talk myself through the pattern to help me stay on track.  The pattern tells you to knit the scarf until it gets to about 50 inches.  I went a few inches longer, but when I blocked it, the scarf grew to over 70 inches.  I used size 10 needles with Noro Silk Garden in colors 201 and 205.  I was NOT real thrilled with the Silk Garden yarn since it had knots in the skein.  Also, the pattern calls for 1 skein of each color, but I had to use a small part of a second skein in each color (not because I made the scarf longer) to finish it off.  Fortunately, I had the yarn.

Inside Outside Scarf Complete 1

Inside Outside Scarf Complete 2

I also finished the April KAL from my dishcloth group.  The pattern is Geffrey the Giraffe by Janet Nogle in Peaches and Crème camel colorway with size 6 needles.

April 2011 KAL

I finished one sock in a basic pattern using Wollmeise 80/20 twin in Red Hot Chili with size 0 needles.

Wollmeise - Red Hot Chili - Sock One

And, yes I got more yarn.  From the Loopy Ewe, I got Kollage Riveting yarn in dusk denim and storm denim and Gale’s Art sock yarn in the color crayon box.

Loopy Ewe -Early April 2011

Also, from the Sanguine Gryphon, I got Skinny Bugga in Strawberry Crab.  This is a new Spring colorway.

Sanguine Gryphon - Skinny Bugga - Strawberry Crab

I’m currently working on the second Wollmeise sock and started another cowl called the Sampler cowl.  It’s a Classic Elite pattern.  I’m also hoping to work on two other older projects to get them finished.  So far this year, I am doing well with getting projects completed.  I may actually do well this year with my goals for 2011.

No comments: