Friday, April 15, 2011

When will it be warm for a whole week?

Today the weather was nice, but yesterday was beautiful.  The sun was out and I had windows open.  However, most of this week was dreary or rainy.  I believe we are suppose to have some rain next week too.  I hope this stops soon.  It would be nice to have a whole week of warm sunny days.

This week I finished my Wollmeise basic socks.  I used Red Hot Chili in the 80/20 blend and used size zero needles.  I really enjoyed knitting these socks.

Wollmeise - Red Hot Chili 80-20 Complete

I’m doing the happy dance too because I finished a shrug that I started back in 2006.  The pattern is Rena by Berroco.  I used Berroco Softy yarn with a size 11 needle.  I am so glad to be finished with this project.  I really didn’t have much to finish.

Shrug - Front

Shrug - Back

I got my April shipment from the Cookie A sock club.  There are sock patterns and cookie recipes of course, but the yarn is a new yarn by Lorna’s Laces.  It doesn’t even have a name yet.  The yarn is made up of 55% superwash Merino, 15% nylon, and 30% Outlast, a fiber technology that continuously interacts with the body’s microclimate and the environment to moderate temperature from being too hot or too cold.  The color is Boysenberry Jam.  The yarn is really soft.  I love it!

Cookie A Sock Club - April 2011

I also bought two skeins of Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in Watercolor and Glenwood.

Lornas Laces - Shepherd Sock

No comments: