Friday, March 25, 2011

Never say Never

When I started to knit socks, I never thought that I would knit them with size 1 needles.  Well, that changed.  Now I love using size 1 needles.  I feel that the sock is a denser knit and fits my foot better.

Then, I always thought that I would NEVER use size 0 needles.  Well, guess what?  For the first time, I AM using size 0 needles and it isn’t so bad.  I wanted to knit a pair of socks using a skein of yarn from my Wollmeise stash.  I picked Red Hot Chili in the 80/20 twin (since I have two skeins of this color).  I started out with size 1.5 needles using the no purl monkey sock pattern.  I didn’t like how it was knitting up and I didn’t like the pooling.  I went down to size 1 needles and used a basic sock pattern.  Still more pooling.

Then my knitting teacher pointed out that the knitting was loose and the repeat was longer.  So, stubborn me, decided to go down to size 0 needles with the same number of stitches on the needles (64).  I decided if I was going to use size 0 needles that I would use Addi’s and bought one in lace circular and one regular circular.  The striping is much better and I do not mind knitting with the smaller needles. Go figure.

Wollmeise - Red Hot Chili - 2

Wollmeise - Red Hot Chili - 1

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but the red striping also has a hot orange stripe on the top and bottom of the red.  I am so happy it finally worked out.

This week, I finished the Hearts-O-Plenty socks by Monica Jines.  I used size 1 needles with Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga yarn in Pink Katydid.  I love these socks.

Hearts-A-Plenty Monica Jines

I also finished the March Mid Month KAL.  The pattern is Waves of Love by Sue Schaeffer.  I used Peaches in Crème yarn in Strawberry Cream with size 6 needles.  It’s a nice pattern.

March 2011 Mid Month

I guess March was a pink month.

No comments: