Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring is getting closer

Well, tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  I am so glad for that.  Yesterday was beautiful.  The temperature got close to 70.  Today is a little cooler, but the sun is shining.  Soon Maggie and I will be sitting on the back porch.

I am still working on my Hearts A Plenty sock by Monica Jines.  I am using Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Pink Katydid.  Boy, do I really like the color of this yarn.  I would love to have another skein of it to make a small shawl.  I think it would look so cool!

Hearts A Plenty Sock 2

I am close to half way finished with the Sunny Baby Blanket.  I really like this pattern.  I am using a size 8 needle with Plymouth Encore in colorway 9626.

Sunny Baby Blanket 1

Sunny Baby Blanket 2

I got my Loopy Ewe Spring Sock Club Shipment.  The yarn is Lorna’s Laces Honor, which is a 70% baby alpaca and 30% silk.  The colorway is called “The Loopy Ewe Shuffle”.  We got two patterns.  Wendy Johnson designed a shawl called Fire and Ice and Debbie O’Neill designed a cowl called Trickle Down.  Also, another Baggu bag came with the package.  This is the larger size.  It’s nice, but I prefer the smaller size.

Loopy Ewe Spring Club - March 2010

One more shipment of this club will come next month.  I believe that I will not renew this club for the last half of the year.

No comments: