Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yes, I know…..more yarn?

I’m sorry, but I can’t resist.  I had to have these skeins of yarn.  If it makes me happy (which it does), then I say go for it.

I love String Theory Colorworks continuum yarn.  Simply Socks had a skein of the color Trifolium for St. Patricks day.  The yarn is so colorful, I couldn’t resist.  Can’t wait to see how this will knit up into a pair of socks.

String Theory - Continuum - Trifolium

Of course, I couldn’t pass up another skein of Twisted Limone’s Tangy 100 yarn in the color Northern Sky.  I guess you could say that stripes are really on my mind.

Twisted Limone - Northern Sky

I was at my local yarn shop (The Knitter’s Edge) and they had a sample made up in the pattern 198 Yards of Heaven scarf by Christy Verity in Mountain Colors Twizzle in the ruby river colorway.  I love the yarn and the pattern looks great in this yarn.  It only takes one skein of yarn (198 yards), so how could I pass this up?

Mountain Colors - Twizzle - Ruby River

I was checking out the Loopy Ewe web site and came across Stricken Smitten's sinful sock yarn.  So, I had to try this in the color Plink.  Purple is one of my favorite colors.

Stricken Smitten Sinful Sock - Plink

Finally, one of my knitting friends put out a request for knitted baby blankets for a niece who works in a cardiac unit for children.  The Knitter’s Edge had some colors of Encore on sale, so I bought 4 skeins of color 9626 (it looks like a light denim color) to make the Sunny Baby Blanket.

Encore - color 9626

So yes, I bought more yarn, but I am furiously knitting away with a smile on my face.

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

I love seeing people's yarn benders. Sigh! Plink is really cool. Happy furious knitting :D

Jill L said...

I love seeing how much yarn you have -- I feel better knowing its not just me!