Saturday, March 05, 2011

Spring May Just be Around the Corner

It has been a little colder, but the temps have been in the high 30’s or low 40’s here and it feels a lot warmer than it has been.  It seems as if we will be in for some warmer weather for the next week, although we may have some rain.  Rain is okay.  What really makes me happy is that all the snow is melted in my yard.  So, no snow is wonderful.  Even Maggie keeps going to the back door to go out on the back porch.  Once I open the door, she sniffs and walks back in the house.  She’s ready to be sitting on the porch.

I did get quite a bit of knitting finished this week.  I finally completed the ripple afghan I was knitting for our new lazy boy chair.  I used Fantasy Naturale in color 8013 using size 8 needles.  I was really glad to be finished with this.

Fantasy Naturelle Afghan 1

I also got the multnomah scarf completed.  I started this project back in 2009.  It feels good to get this off of my needles.  It wasn’t a bad pattern.  I guess I just got caught up in casting something new on the needles and this got put on the back burner.  I used String Theory Caper sock in color oban with size 3 needles.  I still have to block this and will probably do it over the weekend.  I will post the blocked scarf once that is done.

Multnomah - Unblocked

Also completed is the Eternity Scarf using Berroco’s Flicker yarn in color 3307 with size 9 needles.

Eternity Scarf - Completed

I finished the March KAL for my dishcloth group.  The pattern is Katie the Kangaroo by Sonia’s Knits.  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in color misty grey with size 6 needles.

March 2010 KAL

In my one dishcloth group, we had a dishcloth swap.  I was a  partner with Norma in Missouri.  She lives around St. Louis so she sent me a Darrel Waltrip dishcloth and a postcard from St. Louis.  I love the color.

DRU Swap Feb 2010

After all of this finishing, I cast on for a new sock and cowl. I also plan on finishing my Girasole. I just need to knit the edging, but that will take some time. Pictures and details will be on the next blog post. Only 14 more days until Spring.

No comments: