Friday, March 11, 2011

Girasole is Finished

Yes, I finally finished the Girasole.  I am so excited.  I just have to block it.  I really enjoyed knitting this pattern.  I got tired once I got to the edging and it seemed that it would take me so long to complete that I let this project sit on the needles for over a year.  I finally got it back out and after getting back in the groove, it took me less than a week to complete it.  I still have to block it, but here are the pictures.

Girasole Unblocked 1

Girasole Unblocked 3

Girasole Unblocked 2

I used Cascade Eco Alpaca in natural with size 10 needles.

I also blocked my Multnomah scarf.  Here is a picture of it blocking and after blocking.  I love the blocking wires.  This is the second project where I used the wires.

Multnomah Blocking

Multnomah Blocked

I also started another pair of socks.  The pattern is Hearts-a-Plenty by Monica Jines.  I really like her patterns.  I am using The Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga yarn in Pink Katydid (from the bon bon kit) with size 1 needles.  I love, love, love this color and would really like to make a lace scarf out of it.  I hope she offers this color again.

Hearts A Plenty Sock 1

I have had another busy knitting week.

1 comment:

Alrischa said...

Wooow! That Girasole is impressive :)