Sunday, June 07, 2009

Too Many Projects

I must have a short attention span. I start a project and next thing I know, I drop it and start another. Why is that? Is it because I get bored with what I am knitting because it's taking too long to complete? Is it because I have hit a place that I don't feel comfortable knitting? Is it because I made a mistake and have to rip it out? Is it because I found another project I want to start? Is it because I don't like the pattern or the yarn? I guess at some point one of these is the reason why I drop a project and start another. How about you?

I have been working on some projects. I am still knitting my CPH, but I do have to rip out several rows and reknit them because I made a mistake. It's not too bad and won't take long. I am almost finished with the front and will only have the sleeves to do and then the hard part comes (sewing it together, doing the ribbing and the hood).

I have been working on my lace scarf, but it's not the Fiddle head Scarf. I was getting bored with that one, so I frogged it. I did start another scarf called The Leaf Lace Scarf. Which reminds me that I have to update Raverly with this project and take a picture of it. I like this pattern much better.

I also am working on a sock using Sundara Sock Yarn. I frogged the sock originally because I didn't like how it was pooling, so I went to a smaller needle (size 1-1/2). It's a little better and I can live with it.

Now, I want to start on the Girasole by Jared Flood. It's so beautiful and I want to make a blanket. I ordered the yarn, so I need to wait for that and maybe buy some needles.

In the meantime, The Knitter's Edge has been tempting me with projects. They had Sockotta on sale and showed a knitted scarf using this yarn. It's called the Montego Bay Scarf, which takes only one skein of yarn. Of course I had to buy three skeins. It was so cheap and the scarf would make great presents.

Sockatta


From left to right, color 367, color 6669, and color 5618. Sockotta is 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, and 15% nylon


Then they had a special on Fantasy Naturalle and had a neat pattern for a market bag, so I bought 2 skeins of that to make the pattern. When I will start that is anyone's guess. The color is 9001 and is like a denim color.

Fantasy Naturalle - color 9001


Somewhere, I saw a pattern called the Undulating Waves Scarf by Laura Nelkin. It's a beautiful lace scarf with beads. Well, I just had to have the yarn for that. I ordered a kit with the yarn (Schaefer Heather in the colorway Eleanor Roosevelt), beads and pattern.

Undulating Wave Scarf


What is wrong with me? I am going to have to spend every hour of every day getting all of this knitting done.
I have finished two projects. Ha! Wait until you see this. I finished two dishcloths. I think I like knitting dishcloths because they are quick projects and I finish them. I completed the May Mid-Month dishcloth called Cabbage Patch. I used a size 7 needle with Peaches and Creme in the Shades of Spring colorway. I loved this colorway and I'm thinking of getting a cone of it. When I first saw it I thought it was more baby colors, but it really looks great with this cloth.

Monthly KAL - Mid Month May 2009


I also finished the June KAL called the American Flag dishcloth by Emily Jagos. I used size 6 needles with Peaches and Creme in delft blue. I enjoyed knitting this pattern.

American Flag Dishcloth


Wonder what project will be next to catch my eye? I better count up my knitting projects in progress and see how many I have. I need to focus on finishing them.

1 comment:

Alrischa said...

Back in April I bought a set of knitpicks interchangeable circulars. Now I don't seem to have any left. They're all in WIP bags and boxes. It's hindering my ability to cast on something new!!!

I know what you mean. It's nice to actually finish some of these things eventually. But try not to feel too guilty about doing whatever the hell you like with your own hobby ;)

Love that denim yarn... you should cast that on!