Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Work Break means more time to knit

I finally finished a project (even though it was a small one). I finished the Mid June KAL from my Dishcloth KAL. It's called Joanne's Washcloth by Michelle Miller . I used size 6 needles with Peaches and Creme yarn in faded glory. I really liked this colorway and will probably buy a cone of it when I place my next order with Peaches and Creme. The pattern was really nice to work, but next time I think I will change it to make the pattern more symetrical.

June 09 Mid Month KAL



I am almost finished with my Sundara sock in Prickly Pear. I just have to finish the toe, but here is a picture that I took earlier.

Sundara Sock - Prickly Pear 2


I really like the yarn. I need to finish these and get back to my Malabrigo socks because two of my other knitter friends and I are going to knit the croc socks by Monica Knits. We are going to do this at the same time to help each other. We are also each working on the Girasole by Jared Flood.


I was very happy to be able to purchase another knitting bag from Green Mountain Bags. This is called the Madison Bag, which is also called a sweater bag (it's large enough to put a sweater in it). I love the pattern because it's different from anything I ever had before.

gmbag09


gmbag09-2


I also purchased some more yarn (like I really need it), but I couldn't resist. I got Plymouth Montagna yarn (2 skeins) for a scarf

Plymouth Yarn - Montagna 767


and Fortissima sock yarn that stripes in red, white and blue (now how could I turn that down with the Fourth of July around the corner).

Fortissima Sock - 1776


Plus, I couldn't turn down buying more Touch Me yarn from Jimmy Beans wool since it was on sale for an unbeatable price. I got 6 skeins of dark taupe and cream. Time to make another scarf.

Touch Me Yarn


I will have lots more time to knit since I have to take 8 weeks off from work. So, I don't go back until after Labor Day. I am so glad for the break.

2 comments:

Jill L said...

Great projecta (sundara envy) and cool yarn!

freshisle said...

I love the bag. Very nice.
You complete so many more projects than I do. With the summer off, you'll be super productive. Enjoy the break!