Sunday, June 14, 2009

Milestones and Annie Modesitt

Can you believe that I forgot my anniversaries?

On May 28th, it was my three year anniversary for writing this blog. I can't believe I've been at this for three years now.

On June 12th, it was my 5th year anniversary for going to knitting classes. I started out at Kraemer Yarns and followed my teacher to The Knitter's Edge. I've come a long way since that Saturday in June.

In May, I was fortunate to meet Annie Modesitt at Mountain Knits and Pearls in East Stroudsburg. She taught a combination knitting class there. What fun! She also taught us the grandma's increase and knitting without a cable needle. I enjoyed meeting her and learning new techniques.

2 comments:

Alrischa said...

What's a "grandma's increase"? I googled it, but I only got one result: your blog!

Karin said...

Grandma increase can be called other things. You knit a stitch in the stitch below and then knit a stitch in the stitch above the stitch below.

They call the stitch below the grandma, the stitch above the knit below or the regular stitch the mother stitch and the stitch you make is the daughter.

Karin