Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm in Heaven

Who said that staying at home was boring? I'm not bored at all. In fact the days are flying by. I can't believe that I haven't been employed now for 22 days. I knew that this would be a good thing. I'm in Heaven! My husband loves it because I am cooking more. Maybe I can finally lose some weight. That is next on my list of things to do.

The problem with being at home is finding more knitting projects that I want to do. I found this baby sweater on the Yarn Harlots blog and I just love it! You can find it under her post dated May 25th called Hometown Jitter. The yarn is called Dream in Color. I called Lettuce Knit for 2 kits and also ordered at kit for the Rocketry Baby Cardigan in the same yarn. I have also been wanting the one skein shawl in Handmaiden Sea Silk, so I also ordered that along with two different colored skeins of yarn. Can't wait until I get my order. I really wish I lived in Toronto. They have such neat yarn shops there. That is one place on my wish list of places to visit. Expensive yarn crawl isn't it?

I have finished the zigzag dishcloth and have moved on to a ripple dishcloth (I will post pictures next time). I have finally gotten the hang of the soft wave ripple afghan that I am crocheting. I must have frogged that thing 5-8 times to try and get it right. Unfortunately the problem was me and not following directions. I am ready to change colors. I was getting nervous that I would not have enough yarn, so I went out and got more skeins before the dye lots ran out.

Last Friday, I found out that the knitting shop I go to for knitting lessons will be closing in 90 days for renovations. They sold the building that they are in and will lease it. They are going to renovate it and reopen as a yarn shop, but we are all concerned that they will only be selling Kraemer yarns. The yarn shop is at Kraemer yarns. Hopefully, I will find out more when I get there tomorrow. They are also telling us that the shop will only be closed for about 3 weeks. They are going to add more classrooms and they will be nicer than they are now. That is a plus.

I also found out that they make the yarn for Moorehouse Farms and Cherry Tree Hill. They do sell Cherry Tree Hill right now, but not Moorehouse Farms. They are apparently not allowed to sell it there.

I have read the following books since I last blogged:

Morning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber: She never disappoints me with her books.

First to Die and Second Chance by James Patterson: Great Womens Murder Club books. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

First Impressions by Jude Deveraux: I couldn't put this book down it was that good. I really love Jude Deveraux. I think my favorite book of hers is Knight in Shining Armor. This book is a must read.

Priviledged Information by Stephen White: He also has a series of books and this is the first one in the series. I'm ready to read the next book on the list.

Maggie May got groomed this week and she looks really good. She is losing her teeth like mad now and I have an appointment at the end of June for her to get spayed. She is getting better and calming down. I'm sure once all of her teeth are in and she is spayed she will be even better. She is a great companion and a very loving puppy. I really miss Sadie and wish she were with us too. I am so glad to be home with my puppy.

Can you believe that I have poison ivy (I think). I have no idea where I got it. At first I didn't know what it was. Now I am treating it. I was ready to go to my doctor today, but found out that he isn't in until June 7th. I am going with the treatment that my husband found at a pharmacy and if it gets worse, I will go to emergency to be help. It's mostly on my torso, but I has been spreading. Hopefully, I have it under control and it will start to go away. Any suggestions out there?

On a real upbeat note, I found this on another blog and wanted to spread the word. It's a great story and a great legacy. Check out the information on Hug Nation. Grandpa we love you and give you a big hug.

No comments: