Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a way to Relax!

I have been reading quite a bit lately. I just am loving the books by Stephen White. I have read Higher Authority (This was an interesting book especially since I learned about the Mormon religion. It made me want to know more about it and I have ordered a book from Barnes and Noble), Harms Way, Remote Control and Critical Condition. I also enjoyed Third Degree by James Patterson and Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazier. It was interesting reading Starter Wife since I am also watching the series on TV. The book IS different than the TV series.

I finally decided on the Alternate Squirrel Cage swift from Kirklands. Thanks to a suggestion from another knitter, I also got an additional cage with a crank so I can rewind balls into skeins. I was surprised to find out that they are shipping my swift and I should hopefully have it this week.

I am also expecting my order from Lettuce Knit this week. So, this week is like Christmas for me! I can't wait until I get my shipments.

I have been trying to catch up to listening to podcasts. I have been going back to the first postings of my favorite podcasts. I am currently catching up on Webs podcast Ready, Set, Knit. I have never ordered from them, but after listening to these podcasts I am getting real tempted to order some of their yarn.

I am still working away on my crocheted afghan and also started knitting a beach tote that is in the current issue of Knitters. It is an easy pattern and is knitting up fast. The yarn I am using is Plymouth's Fantasy Naturale. Kraemer's yarn shop has this yarn on sale for $3.00 per skein, which is a great price. I bought quite a bit of it. I will try and post pictures of this later this week.

Tomorrow, my puppy Maggie is going to the vet to get spayed. I know everything will be okay, but I am always a little nervous when my dogs have to be operated on. I will be breathing a sigh of relief when I get the call from the vet telling me all is well. What I hate most is that she will have to stay overnight and I will not be able to get her until Tuesday afternoon. I will be so happy to bring her home. Keep her in your prayers.

All of her baby teeth are finally gone. I almost thought that the vet would have to pull some teeth when he operated on her, but the last couple came out this week. I do notice a change in her behavior now that all of her baby teeth are out. She is a little more calmer. It will be interesting to see what happens after her operation.

I have been enjoying the weather we have been having. It has been beautiful out and not real hot; although, I do think it's suppose to warm up this week. It's just so calming sitting out on my screened in porch reading and knitting. I am really noticing that I am not as stressed as I used to be.

No comments: