Saturday, May 23, 2015

Happy Memorial Day

It’s so hard to believe that it’s the end of May and we will be celebrating Memorial Day this weekend.  The last few days have been cool and today I have a picnic to go to .  Hope it warms up.  At least the sun is shining.

I finished the Cameo shawl.  I didn’t have enough of the red in one skein to finish the striping, but since I started this shawl last year, I forgot I bought two skeins of both colors.  So, I was able to finish the pattern as written.  I only needed one skein of the white.  I used Madelinetosh Tosh sock yarn in tart and farmhouse white with a size 5 needle.

Cameo Shawl - complete

I still need to block the shawl.  This is another pattern that called for the picot bindoff.  It wasn’t too bad as it didn’t have as many stitches as the Yowza weigh it shawl.

Since I have been so good, I cast on another sock.  I am using a basic sock pattern with a size zero needle.  I started with a size 1, but the pattern was pooling, so I dropped down a size.  The yarn is by Lemonade Shop and is the rainbow stripe color.  I already finished the leg on the first sock.  The yarn is really soft and nice to work with.

Lemonade Shop - Rainbow Stripe - sock 1 - leg

I plan on going back to the Gale sweater this weekend.  This is another project that I need to finish.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the socks!