Saturday, May 16, 2015

More Finished Objects

I completed the Bulky Rayon Chenille Cowl using Blue Heron Bulky Rayon Chenille.  I used a size 6 needle.  I did wash and dry it.  The approximate size prior to washing was 46 inches and it grew to about 56 inches.  I panicked when it was drying as I didn’t think it was growing, so I stretched it.  I had to turn the dryer back on several times. Unfortunately, some of the side stitches broke.  I used needle and thread and sewed it back together.  I think it will be okay.  The cowl really softened up after washing and drying.  I will definitely make another, but will not stretch it.   I believe that it will grow once completely dry.

Bulky Rayon Chenille Cowl

I also finished the CookieA Hedera socks.  I can’t believe that I cast these on almost a year ago.  I used Hazel Knits Artisan Sock yarn in the Blueberry color with a size 1 needle.    I love this yarn.  The pattern was easy and I enjoyed it.

Hedera Sock Complete

I started back knitting the cameo shawl.  This is another project that is almost a year old.  I am knitting the striped section now and am more than half way completed.  I panicked because I didn’t think that I would have enough of the main color yarn (Madelinetosh sock in tart) to finish all of the striped repeats.  Good I checked Ravelry because I bought two skeins of both colors, so I will have enough.  I am using Madelinetosh sock in tart and farmhouse white with a size 5 needle.

Cameo Shawl - Striped section

It feels good to finish my knitting projects.  After the cameo shawl, I will go back and finish the Gale sweater.  I’m being real good and not casting on any new projects.  That helps a lot.

No comments: