Saturday, June 13, 2015

It’s hot, but I’m knitting

It’s been hot the last two days, but it hasn’t stopped me from knitting.

I finished the first basic sock using Lemonade Shop Rainbow Stripe Yarn.  I am going to do an afterthought heel, but will knit that after finishing the second sock.

Lemonade Shop Sock - Rainbow

I did start on the second sock and have finished the leg and will be starting on the foot.

Lemonade Shop Sock 2 - Rainbow

I bought 3 skeins of Bella Bulky Chenille by Universal Yarns in the purple pansy color way.   The yarn is so soft that I had to buy it.  It is even softer than Flutterby Bulky Chenille.

Bella Chenille - Pansey

 

I started another baby blanket using this yarn.  I don’t know who this will be for.   The pattern is the Flutterby Baby Blanket.  I am using a size 10.5 needle.  I really love the yarn and may just buy more yarn in another color to make myself a lap blanket for winter.

Flutterby Baby Blanket - Bella Chenille - 2nd photo

I also started back on the Gale Sweater that I started last March.  I am using Plymouth Homestead in the color taupe heather.  I am using a size 11 needle for the body.  I am getting close to finishing the front.

Gale Sweater - Front -Decreases

I bought a pattern for sock earrings.  It came with the the wires for the earrings and I also bought the needles (a size 0000).

Sock Earrings

I got my first shipment of the Concert Series from Must Stash Yarn based on Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon.  The color is called Dark Side of the Moon EPV.  The next shipment will be in July.  I can’t wait.

Must Stash - Dark Side of the Moon 2

I need to get back to the knitting!

No comments: