Saturday, January 31, 2015

Snow is an incentive to knit

We have had some snow recently and it got me knitting.  We didn’t have as much as they had in Northern New England, but there is something about snow and being in the house that gets me in the mood to knit.

I finished my Christmas socks, which turned into my Valentine Socks.  I used yarn from the Lemonade Shop.  The color Peppermint ice cream.  I used a size one needle.

Peppermint Sock Complete

I cast on for the Blue Heron Bulky chenille cowl using the color blue violet.  I cast on 44 stitches and I really like how this is knitting up.  I used a provisional cast on and will join both sides once I finish it.  I am knitting with a size 6 needle.

Blue Heron Chenille Cowl

I also cast on for another hitchhiker using Wollmeise pure in Amazonas with a size 3.0mm needle.

Hitchhiker - Amazonas

Since I finished one pair of socks, I cast on another using Fab Funky Fibers yarn in the color shades of green.  There are 7 shades of green with navy blue between the shades. I am using a basic sock pattern with a size 1 needle.

Basic Sock - Fab Funky Fibers - Shades of Green

I did get two new skeins of yarn.  I got Plymouth Kudo yarn in the color 41 to make the Birthday cake cowl.

Plymouth Kudo - Color 41

I had ordered yarn from Desert Vista Dyeworks to use for next Christmas.  It’s in her Viso base in the color Holiday Stripe Thick.

Desert Vista Dyeworks - Holiday Stripe - Thick

Well, we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, so I guess I will be knitting up a storm.  I have a lot of things on my needles to keep me busy.

No comments: