Saturday, January 17, 2015

Yarn, Yarn and more Yarn

I’ve been on a yarn buying spree.  I just couldn’t resist.

From the Loopy Ewe, I got Tumbleweed Yarns Aurora in Sidewalk Sandwich and Sugar Shell.  These are both self striping yarns.  I also got Western Sky knits Aspen in Rustic Rainbow to make the sockhead hat.  I couldn’t help but pick up a bar of Loopy Ewe soap.

Loopy Ewe - Jan 2015

Then, the Loopy Ewe put up Wollmeise Yarn.  Even though I came to the party late, I was able to get two skeins of Pure.  The colors are Amazonas and Happy Birthday Kristina.  I plan on casting on Hitchhikers with these skeins.

Wollmeise Pure

When I was at my local yarn shop, I saw a really neat cowl made out of Blue Heron Bulky Rayon Chenille in the color blue violet.  Well, next thing I knew I had to buy the yarn.

Blue Heron Bulky Rayon Chenille

So, I need to wind a skein of Wollmeise and cast on for the hitchhiker and then cast on for the cowl.  I also have my sights on another skein of yarn for another cowl.  I think I am going to have a lot of things on the needles soon.  As if I don’t already.

I did finish one of my Christmas socks in Peppermint Ice Cream that I bought from the Lemonade Shop on Etsy.  One down and one to go.

Peppermint Ice Cream Sock 1

It’s time to knit!

No comments: