Saturday, June 01, 2013

HOT, HOT, HOT

Yes, it’s Hot!  But, not too hot to knit in the air conditioning.

I finished one of my Sunshine Socks.  I am using Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Dragon Millipede with a size 1.5 needle.  This is a CookieA pattern and I am loving it.

Sunshine Sock 1

Day 5 of the 2011 Calendar Scarf is completed.  I am using Madelintosh Merino Light in the Rainwater color with a size 2 needle. 19 more days to go.

Calendar Scarf - Day 5

I started another Basic sock pattern using Lollipop yarn in the Spring Fever color with a size 1 needle.  Love the colors in the striping.

Spring Fever Sock 1

And yes, I did get yarn this week.  I caught a Loopy Ewe update of Wollmeise DK.  I have heard great reviews of this yarn, so I got 5 skeins in the Grunfink color. I hope to use it for a sweater.

Wollmeise DK - Grunfink

I also got 3 skeins of Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Dr Zhivago’s Sky color.  This is possibly for a sweater.

Madelinetosh Pashmina - Dr Zhivago's Sky

I also bought a skein of Plymouth De Aire in the color New England Nights (404) to make a quick very small shawl or you could call it a cowl.

Plymouth De Aire

The Loopy Ewe has a new system of earning rewards.  In addition to earning dollar credits, you get a small gift in your order when you reach certain levels.  I reached the Cotton Club level and got a measuring tape, Soak samples, bookmark pattern with enough yarn to make the bookmark.  It’s really cute!

Loopy Ewe Cotton Club

I also bought a Yarn Daisy.  I saw this on the knitpicks web site.  This helps you wind yarn into a ball.  While I thought they would be smaller, I bought a set anyway.  It comes in a package of 3.  I got these at Hobby Lobby.

Yarn Daisy

1 comment:

Jill L said...

pretty knits and fun extras!