Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer is finally here

The weather has been great!  It’s not been too hot and we haven’t had too much humidity.  It’s perfect.  Perfect for knitting on the back porch.

I finished the Sunshine Socks by CookieA.  I used Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Dragon Millipede with a size 1.5 needle.  I love how they turned out. The pattern was easy to follow.

CookieA Sunshine Sock

I also finished the Spring Fever Socks using Lollipop yarn with a size 1 needle and a basic sock pattern.  The colors are perfect!

Lollipop Spring Fever

So, I had to start another sock and it had to be another CookieA sock called Dizzy.  I am using Alisha goes Around Richness Fingering yarn in the Genevieve color with a size 1 needle.  I really love this yarn.  It is so nice to knit with.

CookieA Dizzy Sock 1

I loved the yarn so much that I had to buy more.  Fortunately, the Loopy Ewe had two colors left in My violets and parted.  Alisha is still dyeing, but only taking her yarn to shows, so nothing has been posted on her web site for awhile.  I do have two other types of yarn from her that I need to use.

Alisha Goes Around Richness Fingering - June 2013

Since I ordered from the Loopy Ewe, I got my merino club gift.  It’s a pattern with yarn for a mug holder, a pair of scissors, and a needle gauge.  So cute!

Loopy Ewe Merino Club Gift

I’m getting close to the end of the Garter Ridge Shawlette.  I am working on the ruffle.  I finally got beads for the edging from EarthFaire.  The beads look really nice!  Can’t wait to finish this shawl.

1 comment:

Jill L said...

lots of great socks, stash, and goodies!