Monday, June 10, 2013

Too Much Stash

Yes, I have too much stash.  Surprise, Surprise.  I decided that I needed to go through my stash and clean it out.  I did that this past week and got rid of three plastic totes of yarn.  Most of this yarn is junk yarn, but some of it is really good.  I know it will go to a good home.  I plan on donating it. 

Going through my stash also showed me what I have in my stash that is great yarn.  I need to use it.  So, while I can’t say that I won’t buy any more yarn.  I do plan on going to my stash first to search for yarn that I can use in a specific project.  I was also able to organize my yarn.  I tried to put the same brand of yarns together and I also have a tote full of sweater quantity of yarn.  My future goal is go through my stash once a year and get rid of some of it via donation, selling or using it.  If I can get rid of one tote a year, I will be in good shape.

On that note, I am moving along on the following projects:  I am half way finished with my Spring Fever sock.  This is lollipop yarn in the Spring Fever color using a size 1 needle with a basic sock pattern.

Spring Fever - Sock 1 - Heel Turn

I love the colors of this yarn.

I also got to the heel turn of my second Sunshine sock by CookieA.  I am enjoying this knit.  I am using Sanguine Gryphon’s Bugga in Dragon Millipede with a size 1.5 needle.  I am enjoying this pattern.  I should finish it up this week.

Sunshine Sock - Sock 2 - Heel Turn

I have already planned out what my next sock will be.  I will be knitting the Dizzy pattern by CookieA.  The yarn is wound and ready to go once I finish the Sunshine Sock.

I also finished day 6 of the 2011 Advent Calendar Scarf.  I am using Madelinetosh Merino Lite in the Rainwater color with a size 2 needle.

Calendar Scarf - Day 6

The only thing I purchased this past week was a shawl/sweater clip by Tix Trinkets on etsy.  I love it.

Tix Trinkets Shawl Clip

No comments: