Saturday, May 04, 2013

Socks are flying off my needles

Between the Addi Sock Rockets and Signature needles, my needles are churning out socks.

I finished the Lavender Field socks by Lollipop yarn.  I love the colors of this striping sock.  I used a size 1 needle.

Lavendar Fields Socks Complete

Then I cast on for the Anne Elliot socks.  The yarn is from Canon Hand Dyes and the color is of course Anne Elliot.  This yarn is great. Nice and soft.  I am using a size 1 needle for these.

Anne Elliot Sock 1

I also started the Quaker Ridge Shawlette using Madelinetosh Pashmina in the Moorland color with a size 7 needle.  I love this pattern.  It ends with beads and since I am using beads for the Advent Calendar Scarf, I am looking forward to using beads with this shawl.  They show up on the cast off row.  Should be interesting to do the beaded bindoff.  Something new to learn.

Garter Ridge Shawlette

 

Garter Ridge Shawlette closeup

The Stephanie Pearl McPhee (Yarn Harlot) is coming to Bethlehem, PA on Monday and I got a ticket to see her.  So, I needed another skein of yarn to knit a sock while attending.  I got Online Supersocke 100 in the City Color 1485.  I will be using a basic sock pattern.  I’m going to call these my Yarn Harlot socks.

Online Supersocke 100 - color 1485

I also landed out buying a skein of Dream in color Everlasting sock yarn in the color bitter.  I love this color.  Green is one of my favorite colors.

Dream in Color - Everlasting - bitter

I am a bag collector and I love MadBird bags.  When I saw this bag, I couldn’t resist it.  It’s called knitting sheep.  A great bag to hold socks in progress.  I highly recommend her bags.

Mad Bird Bag - Knittin Sheep

Off to knit on socks……

1 comment:

Jill L said...

smokin' hot needles!