Saturday, May 11, 2013

Nice Week

It was really a nice week this past week.  The weather was great.  I got a lot of knitting accomplished and met the Stephanie Pearl McPhee.

Monday, the Yarn Harlot came to speak in Bethlehem, PA.  She was great!  I got to talk to her before it started and she signed one of her books that I had.  It was a great night.

Yarn Harlot

In honor of her appearance, I had to take knitting with me and the perfect thing to take was a sock.  I used Online Supersocke 100 sock yarn in color 1485.  I’m using a basic sock pattern for this sock.  I didn’t want anything complicated to knit.

Online - Yarn Harlot Sock

I also started a sock by Cookie A this week.  The pattern is called Sunshine and I am using a size 1.5 needle with the Sanguine Gryphon’s yarn in the color Dragon Millipede.  I’m liking this pattern.

Sunshine Sock 1 - Leg

I also continued to knit on the Anne Elliot socks by Canon Hand Dyes using a size 1 needle.

Anne Elliot Sock 1 - Heel Turn

That’s three pair of socks on the needles.  Yikes!

I also finished day 3 of the Advent Calendar scarf.  I am using Madelinetosh Merino Light in the Rainwater colorway with a size 2 needle.

Calendar Scarf - Day 3 complete

Yesterday and Today, I worked on cleaning up the screened in porch with my husband.  We also got out the patio furniture.  It was a little dreary, but we were able to get everything finished before the rain started.  Now, I can sit on my back porch and enjoy knitting and reading.  The perfect end to a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a knitting machine.It's all beautiful! Jill