Saturday, May 18, 2013

Socks, Yarn and Zombies

I’ve done so much knitting this week that I may be in a knitting funk.  Let’s hope not.

I finished one sock of the Anne Elliot socks.  I am using Canon Hand Dyes yarn in the Anne Elliot color with a size 1 needle.  I love this yarn.  It is soft and springy.

Anne Elliot sock 1 complete

I also finished one Online sock in the color 1485 using a size 1 needle.  I like how this yarn striped.

Online Sock 1 complete

I love the Sunshine sock pattern by Cookiea.  I have turned the heel on the first sock.  I always feel that when I turn the heel on a sock, it is almost finished.  I am using Sanguine Gryphon Bugga in the Dragon Millepede color.

Sunshine Sock - Heel Turn

Day 4 of the Calendar Scarf is complete.  Only 20 more days to go.  I am using Madelinetosh Merino Light in the color Rainwater with a size 2 needle.  I love the color of the yarn, but DO NOT like this yarn.  It is single ply and not very conducive to beading.  I have 2 more skeins of this yarn in the color tern and don’t plan on buying anymore.  I have to find a project to use  up the yarn when I am finished with this scarf.  The good thing about the yarn is that it takes the dye really well.  The colors are beautiful.

Calendar Scarf - Day 4 Complete

I’m getting closer to finishing up the Mimi cowl.  I love this yarn.  It’s Mimi mink yarn in the color 04 (grey).  I am using a size 7 needle.  The pattern calls for you to knit 21 inches before doing the border garter stitch rows.  I have 10 inches now and will not be doing 21 inches.  That is just too long.  I will probably do around another 5 inches.

Mimi Cowl 2

I am enjoying working on the Garter Ridge Shawlette using Madelinetosh Pashmina, so I had to buy more of this yarn.  I got Rainwater and Grey Garden.  Now to find projects to knit.

Madelinetosh Pashmina - JBW

I posted a picture earlier of my Zombie doll.  Here is a picture of two Zombies.  My knitting friend and I knit the same doll in different colors.  They are so cute!

Zombies

No comments: