Saturday, January 26, 2013

What a hectic week

Between working, fitting in doctor appointments, cleaning and errands, I have been running a race.  I’m glad the week is over and need to get ready for this coming week.  I escaped having to deal with snow and ice and I am very glad for that.

I did finish the first Vanilla Bean sock that I was working on.  The yarn is Lollipop Yarn in the Downton Abbey color using a size 1 needle.  I still have to do the afterthought heel on this sock, but will wait until I have the second sock finished before starting that. I love the color of this sock as well as the pattern.

Vanilla Bean Sock #1

I am also getting sucked into watching Downton Abbey.  I am still on Season 1 and I’m loving it.

I also finished a dishcloth called Butterscotch the Dog.  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in army tan with a size 5 needle.  I love this pattern and will be giving this to a good friend.  I will make another for myself.

Butterscotch the Dog

Yarn made it’s way into the house again.  I bought more Lollipop Yarn.  I just love the striping.  I got Cold Snap (with heel and toe) and Lust for Valentines Day.

Lollipop Yarn - January 2013

I also bought more GnomeAcres yarn, but this time I got worsted weight yarn to make a Zombie using the pattern Voodoo you love me and for a future toy.  My friend and I will start these next week.  The colors are Bertie Botts and I Dream of Zombie.

Gnome Acres - Worsted

I am still working on my scarf and started a shawl called Cinnamon Toast.  Pictures coming next week.

No comments: