Saturday, January 12, 2013

Working on finishing projects

I am working on several projects.  I am knitting a pair of self striping socks using Lollipop yarns in the Downton Abbey color with a size 1 needle.  I am using the Vanilla Bean pattern rather than knitting a plain stockinette sock with an afterthought heel.  I love the colors of this yarn and the pattern is so easy to do.

Downton Abbey Vanilla Bean Sock 1

I also started another Manly Man scarf using Plymouth Yarns Taria Tweed yarn in the color 2770 (green).  I really like this yarn.  It’s so soft and warm.  I am using a size 10 needle.

Manly Man Scarf 2

I did complete the January 2013 Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is called Lacy Scallops by Janet Nogle.  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in baby blue with a size 7 needle.

January 2013 Dishcloth KAL

This pattern is from the Monthly Dishcloth group on Yahoo.  I need to vent a little about this group.  I have belonged to this group since it was founded in 2005 (that’s almost 8 years).  I have always enjoyed it except for the last couple of years.  The person who founded the group, turned it over to Janet.  I’m not sure if this was permanent or temporary.  There are over 8000 members and I realize that it is a large number of people to manage.  As a result, there are a lot of rules, which I have no problem with.  I know that this is a free group and takes a lot of work. 

My issue is that Janet publishes a dishcloth calendar, which I bought for 4 years.  The last couple of years, many of the patterns published in the group came from the calendar.  I am not happy with this because I paid for it.  So, this past year, I did not buy the calendar. My second issue is that the patterns are starting to repeat from years past.  There are so many free patterns out there that I don’t see the need for that. My third issue is that the above pattern was published with several errors.  Several people did question it and Janet, who designed the pattern, did not respond to the group with any corrections.  She did post the completed pattern in the group when the KAL was over and that is where I found the corrections.  I did post the corrections and someone else posted the pattern in the group with the corrections.  I am not happy.  I am deciding whether I want to stay in this group.  For now, I will, but will not be posting in the group.  End of vent.

I have finally pulled out the Min Ulla scarf that I started and ripped back.  This is a fair isle scarf and I have since taken a class to learn how to knit fair isle.  I also got out the Central Park Hoodie and plan to finish that project this year as well.  I want to finish this sweater because I would like to try a top down sweater. Wish me luck.

No comments: