Saturday, September 01, 2012

September–Fall is near

I hate that it’s September because it means that winter is coming.  But, I’m glad that it’s September because it means that cool weather is upon up.  I think I like Spring and Fall the best and wish we could have that kind of weather year round.  I guess we are never satisfied.

I started on the third color for the Color Affection shawl.  I love the Shalimar Breathless yarn.  I highly recommend buying this yarn.  It is so soft.  I am knitting this with a size 6 needle in the colors Limerick, Loden and Bystantium.

Color Affection Shawl -Color 2 complete

 

Color Affection Shawl - Color 3 Started

I have gotten to the ruffle on the Copykat shawl in the diagonal pattern.  I really had a hard time picking up stitches and finally gave up because I was getting holes.  I figure that I will just sew the holes closed.  It’s kinda hard knitting on this when you get to the corners.  There are over 1000 stitches on the needles.  It is getting easier as I complete each row.  I have about  1/4 to 1/3 of an inch completed.  I need at least two inches completed.  I work on it a little every day.  I can’t believe that this has been on the needles for almost a whole year.  I am using Swans Island merino in the marine blue color with a size 5 needle.

Copykat shawl - ruffle

I found a new podcast that I really am enjoying.  It’s actually a videocast called Single Handed Knits.  Mel lives in Hawaii.  The scenery is beautiful.  She calls her videocast Single Handed knits because she was minding her own business one day and got hit on her shoulder area with a coconut.  As a result, she lost feeling in her one arm.  She still knits!  She probably knits faster than me cause she finishes projects real quickly.

She started this challenge called Sock the Vote.  In the month of October up to Election Day, we have to knit a sock.  In the mean time she comes up with challenges.  One of the first challenges was to knit one small sock.  She is collecting these socks to give to women in a battered women’s shelter.  She is very inspiring.  I knitted my small sock out of Sweet Georgia tough love sock in the cherry color with a size 1 needle.  The pattern is called Little Feet baby sock.

There is no political talk while we are doing this.  We have parties called toe up, cuffies, undecided and the green party.  It’s a lot of fun.  This is definitely a videocast to watch.

Little Feet Baby Sock

No comments: