Saturday, September 08, 2012

Lazy Week

Not much knitting happened this week. But, I did do some.  I worked on the copykat shawl.  I am working on the ruffle and it is slow going.  I am close to hitting an inch and then will have one more to go.

I did finish the September 2012 Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is called Vines ‘n Stripes by Janet Nogle.  I used a size 7 needle with Knitpicks Dishie in the Aster color.  This was a nice knit.

September Dishcloth KAL

I started another sock.  I am using Fybernymph Dyeworks striped yarn in the snipes and snails color with a size 1.5 needle  This is her bounce base.  I am revising this pattern slightly for the heel and toe.  I’ve been wanting to use a patterned sock using a striped yarn for awhile and I love how this is coming out.  I am using the no purl monkey pattern.

Striped Monkey Sock

I got another skein of sock yarn.  It’s Marigoldjen’s Superwash sock in the Seafoam Island color.  She is a dyer from PA and I have heard many great things about her yarn from different podcasters, so I thought I would give her a try.

Marigoldjen - Sock - Seafoam Island

I found a new videocast to watch.  It’s the Traveling Sock Knitter.  She is a sockknitter and has been knitting quite a bit of shawls (sound familiar?) plus she lives in PA around the Penn State area.  I am enjoying it very much.

No comments: