Saturday, August 25, 2012

Catching up on WIP’s

I have been trying to get some of my works in progress finished.

I completed the Cherry Lane Socks.  I used Sweet Georgia Tough Sock in the cherry color with a size 1 needle.  I enjoyed this pattern and loved the yarn.

Cherry Lane Sock Complete

I also completed the August Mid Month Dishcloth KAL.  This pattern was really nice to do.  It’s called Lazy Zigs by Janet Nogle. I used a size 7 needle with Sugar and Cream in the robins egg color.

August 2012 Mid Month KAL

I need some coasters for my bedroom, so I used the Skinny Rib coaster pattern with Fantasy Natural in the color 8013.  I finished one and would like to do more.

Skinny Ribbed Coaster

I’m getting closer to finishing the Copykat shawl.  I completed the body and just have to pick up stitches for the ruffle and knit that. I am using Swan’s Island merino wool in the marine blue color with size 5 needles.

Copykat shawl - body complete

I just had to start on another Color Affection shawl using Shalimar Breathless.  This yarn is wonderful.  I am using the colors Limerick, Loden, and Byzantium.  I am on the second color. I am doing yo’s with this shawl so I don’t get the puckering.

Color Affection - Shalimar - 1

I’ve seen so many shawls using gradient yarn, so I had to buy some.  I got Desert Vista Dyeworks in her shadow colorway in purple haze and witches brew.

Desert Vista Dyeworks - Shadow Colorway

No comments: