Saturday, August 11, 2012

August–I can’t believe it’s August!

Ugh! As much as I wish that it wasn’t so hot (although this next week should be cooler), I’m not looking forward to winter.

I finished one of the Cherry Lane Socks.  I just love the pattern and the yarn.  I am using a size 1 needle with Sweet Georgia’s Tough Love sock in the Cherry color.

Cherry Lane Sock 1 complete

I also completed the August 2012 Dishcloth KAL.  The pattern is School House by Andi Worthy.  I used a size 7 needle with Peaches and Crème yarn in Baby Pink.

August 2012 KAL

Yes, I got yarn.  I got two skeins of Lollipop Yarn self striping 75/25 Superwash in Beach Baby and Waterfall.  Yes, I am on a green kick.

Lollipop Yarns - Beach Baby and Waterfall

Then I was lucky to grab a kit of Dancing Dog Dyeworks in her Waltz Worsted Base in Boo.

Dancing Dog Dyeworks - Boo

It came with a half skein of dark purple too.

DDD - Dark Purple - Waltz Worsted

The CookieA Sock club shipment for August came.  The yarn is Enchanted Knoll farms Superwash Sock Yarn in the color called Genmaicha (green).  I’m not liking the patterns, so I will use this yarn for another project.  But, I do like the yarn.  Another Green color.

CookieASockClubAugust2012- Genmaicha

I’m still working on the copykat shawl and have to cast on for the second sock in the Cherry Lane pattern.  Off to knit!

No comments: