Saturday, October 08, 2011

Yarn and Books

I got my Cookie A sock club yarn for October.  It’s Fleece Artist Silky wool in pewter.  It’s a nice grey.  I’m not sure if I will knit the patterns offered with this yarn.  The nice thing about this club is that I am getting yarns I don’t have or haven’t tried.  Even though grey is not a color I might have picked, I think I am going to like this yarn.  One more shipment to go for the year and I will definitely sign up for another year.

October 2011 - Cookie A Club - Sea Wool - Pewter

I also bought Sirdar’s Smiley Stripe yarn in color SH261 to make a premie hat.

Smiley Stripes - SH 261

I have 6 more books to read until the end of the year to meet my goal of 65 and 13 more books to read until I reach the number that I read last year (72).  I think I can make it.

The most recent one’s I have read are:

Crash Course by Kathy Hogan Trocheck

South of Broad by Pat Conroy – I really enjoyed this book.

What we Keep by Elizabeth Berg

Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King – This was also a good one.

The Summer Hideaway by Susan Wiggs

Open House by Elizabeth Berg

Between Sisters by Kristen Hannah

Folly Beach by Dorothea Benton Frank – another of my favorite authors.

The Twenty-First Wish by Debbie Macomber

Coming Unraveled by Susan Mallery

Return to Summer Island by Christina Skye

Marrying Daisy Bellamy by Susan Wiggs

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

How to Knit a Heart back Home by Rachael Herron

Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein

1105 Yakima St by Debbie Macomber

We are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg

Goddess of Vengeance by Jackie Collins

Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah – really enjoyed this

Groom Wanted by Debbie Macomber

Bride Wanted by Debbie Macomber

I really did well on my goals this year.  Hope I can keep it up until the end of the year.

No comments: