Thursday, October 27, 2011

Snow? In October?

Yes, we will possibly have snow this weekend.  Four to six inches.  I am NOT ready for snow.  It’s still too early.

The best thing about snow is that I may knit more.  I have been knitting many small projects.  Like…….

The October Mid Month KAL from my Yahoo group.  The pattern is the Twisted Rib cable pattern from Knitwits Alley.  I used Peaches and Creame in shrimp with a size 6 needle.  I liked this pattern.

October 2011 Mid Month KAL

Then I finished the Lizard Ridge Dishcloth.  I’ve seen this pattern before, but finally tried to knit it.  It was worth it to learn Wrap and Turn.  It took me awhile and a lot of frogging, but I finally got the hang of it.  I used Sugar and Cream in Beach Ball with a size 6 needle.  I would like to knit another of these and then maybe do an afghan using Noro Kureyon.

 

Lizard Ridge Dishcloth

I also knit a bib for my great nephew Carter.  He likes trucks and his first birthday is coming up soon.  I enjoyed knitting this pattern.  It’s called Trucking along by Elaine Fitzpatrick.  I used Fantasy Naturale in a blue colorway.  I liked the Fantasy Naturale for this knit because I felt that the pattern really popped with this yarn.

Truckin Along Bib

I completed my Witches socks.  Just in time for Halloween.  I used String Theory Colorworks in the electron colorway with a size 1 needle.  I used the afterthought heel for this sock.

Witches' Sock Complete

Then I started another basic sock using Gales Art yarn in crayon box.  I am also using a size 1 needle for this sock.

Gales Art Sock 1 Start

Well, the temperature has been dropping.  I guess I need to get my snow shovel out.  Drat!

No comments: