Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene is visiting us

Well, batten down the hatches.  Irene is coming.  We are ready here.  We are suppose to get rain and wind, but not as severe as New Jersey and New York.  Let’s see what happens.  I am more concerned about losing power, but we are prepared for that.

I finished the Daphne socks from the Cookie A sock club.  I used size 1 needles with a Verb for keeping warm Metamorphosis yarn in sugar jets.  This yarn has silk in it.  It is a sport weight.  I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the yarn and may just buy more skeins.

 

Daphne Socks Complete

I did start another sock using a basic sock pattern.  After three pairs of cookiea sock’s, I think I need a break.

I also completed the August Midmonth KAL from my Monthly Dishcloth group.  The pattern is Summer Daze by Alli Barrett.  I used Peaches and Crème yarn in the light grape color with size 6 needles.

August Midmonth Dishcloth KAL

I also started a frog puppet.  I thought I would make it for my great nephew.  Let’s see how this knit goes.

No comments: